Feeling a little run down and like your body needs a boost? With a long lockdown, restrictions now lifting and the general stress that has been 2021, we could all do with a little clean up for the body! Most people have either consumed a little too much alcohol, filled themselves with snacks or just feel a bit run down. This smoothie can help flush some of the nasties through your body and help you continue enjoying life!
What you will need: (2 servings)
- 2 cups of frozen organic wild blueberries
- 1 cup fresh organic coriander (stems and leaves)
- 1 tsp spirulina*
- 1 tsp barley grass juice powder*
- 1 tbsp Dulse flakes
- 2 bananas
- 1 orange (peel or cut off peel)
- 1 cup distilled water (optional)
You may already be thinking WTFudge is this!? We will explain what some of these ingredients are, and where to find them.
- Combine the bananas, blueberries, coriander, orange, barley grass juice powder, spirulina and dulse in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add up to 1 cup of water if a thinner consistency is desired
- Serve and enjoy!
- Bonus tip: if you are using a nutri bullet or similar, we recommend chopping the coriander before blending, to minimise surprise leafy bits in your smoothie!
What the heck are some of these things???
- Frozen organic wild blueberries – we know that blueberries have great benefits such as antioxidant effects, but what’s the difference between the usual ones and the wild ones? Wild blueberries have TWICE the antioxidant benefits! Wild blueberries also help to draw out heavy metals out of the brain tissue, healing and repairing gaps created by oxidation when the heavy metals are removed. The potent antioxidants in wild blueberries help reverse any oxidative damage left behind by the heavy metal removal.
- Barley grass juice powder: Has the ability to draw heavy metals out of your spleen, intestinal tract, pancreas, thyroid, and reproductive system.
- Spirulina: Draws out heavy metals from your brain, central nervous system and liver, and soaks up heavy metals extracted by barley grass powder.
- Coriander: Goes deep into hard-to-reach places, extracting metals from long ago. Packed with immune-boosting antioxidants and can help to fight infections.
- Dulse flakes: Binds to mercury, lead, aluminium, copper, cadmium and nickel. It goes into deep, hidden places of the digestive tract and gut, seeking out mercury, binding to it, and never releasing it until it leaves the body. It contains high levels omega-3 fatty acids which helps the function of the brain and nervous system.
*If you can’t find the barley grass juice powder on its own, you can usually find it in a super greens mix like the one pictured below.