What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care at Wynyard Chiropractic is a holistic approach to addressing musculoskeletal concerns and promoting overall well-being. Our experienced chiropractors focus on identifying the underlying causes of discomfort and pain to create personalised treatment plans tailored to your unique needs.
How does it work?
Chiropractic care is centred around restoring proper spinal alignment and promoting optimal nerve function. By ensuring the spine is in its ideal position, we enable the body's natural ability to heal and thrive. Our approach includes:
- Comprehensive Assessments: Thorough evaluation of your condition, medical history, and lifestyle factors.
- Tailored Adjustments: Precise adjustments to restore spinal alignment and improve function.
- Integrated Therapies: Utilising soft tissue techniques, exercises, and lifestyle advice for holistic care.
What Chiropractic Techniques do we use at Wynyard Chiropractic?
Our chiropractors employ a variety of techniques tailored to your needs, including:
- Diversified: Precise manual adjustments to restore spinal alignment and function.
- SOT (Sacro-Occipital Technique): A gentle technique that focuses on the relationship between the pelvis and the skull.
- Thompson Drop Piece: Utilising specialised chiropractic tables to enhance adjustments.
- Activator: Using a handheld instrument for gentle and precise adjustments.
Your Chiropractic Consultation
At Wynyard Chiropractic, we take the time to asses everyone individually as no two spines are ever the same. The options for care will be discussed by your practitioner, which are patient centred and tailored to your needs as there is no “one size fits all” adjustment. As part of a thorough consultation, our chiropractors will assess and chat to you about your current and previous problems, previous injuries, posture, workplace ergonomics, daily habits, types of exercises and even your diet to understand the underlying causes of your current issue.
Our chiropractors will then examine movement restrictions of the problem region and surrounding areas, along with a thorough examination of nerve function as our starting point. The appropriateness of chiropractic adjustments for you will be dependent on how the area moves, age, previous injuries and experience, and patient preference.
Traditionally, chiropractic care has been centred around the use of spinal adjustments to restore movement. Adjustments can be specific movements or pressure applied to the spine at key points to restore movement of each involved segment, which importantly stimulates the nervous system to normalise its function. Your care may consist of a combination of adjustments, dry needling, cold laser, massage, exercises, stretches, postural advice, lifestyle advice and more.