What are some of the causes and symptoms of Hip Pain?
Hip pain is a common complaint among Australians which can be caused by overuse, poor biomechanics, strains and more.
- Osteoarthritis: The gradual wear and tear of the hip joint's cartilage.
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) around the hip joint.
- Muscle Strains: Overuse or sudden movements leading to muscle injuries.
- Hip Impingement: Abnormal contact between the hip bones causing pain and limited motion.
Common Hip Pain Conditions and Symptoms we help relieve at Wynyard Chiropractic
- Hip Osteoarthritis: Managing pain and improving joint function for individuals with hip arthritis.
- Bursitis Relief: Easing inflammation and discomfort in the hip bursae.
- Muscle Strain Recovery: Addressing muscle imbalances and promoting healing.
- Enhancing Mobility: Restoring range of motion for improved hip function.
- Referred Pain: Assessing if the pain is truly hip, or if it is referred from the nerves in the lower back.
Hip Pain & Your Chiropractic Consultation
At Wynyard Chiropractic, we take the time to asses everyone individually as no two spines are ever the same. The options for care will be discussed by your practitioner, which are patient centred and tailored to your needs as there is no “one size fits all” adjustment. As part of a thorough consultation, our chiropractors will assess and chat to you about your current and previous hip problems, previous injuries, posture, workplace ergonomics, daily habits, types of exercises and even your diet to understand the underlying causes of your current issue.
Our chiropractors will then examine movement restrictions of the hip and surrounding areas, along with a thorough examination of nerve function as our starting point. The appropriateness of chiropractic treatment for your hip will be dependent on how it moves, age, previous injuries and experience, and patient preference.
Traditionally, chiropractic care has been centred around the use of spinal adjustments to restore movement. Adjustments can be specific movements or pressure applied to the spine at key points to restore movement of each involved segment, which importantly stimulates the nervous system to normalise its function. Your care may consist of a combination of adjustments, dry needling, cold laser, massage, exercises, stretches, postural advice, lifestyle advice and more.
The Chiropractic Approach to Hip Pain
- Comprehensive assessment of your hip joint's range of motion, posture, and medical history.
- Thorough examination of the hip area, spine, and surrounding muscles.
- Precise adjustments to restore proper hip joint alignment and function.
- Soft tissue techniques to alleviate muscle tension and improve circulation.
- Strengthening exercises and lifestyle advice to enhance hip stability and support.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Hip Pain
At Wynyard Chiropractic, we emphasise empowering our patients to correct their hip pain through:
- Pain Relief: Alleviating hip discomfort and promoting a better quality of life.
- Improved Function: Enhancing hip mobility and range of motion for daily activities.
- Preventive Care: Addressing underlying issues to prevent future hip pain and complications.
- Holistic Approach: Providing guidance on lifestyle factors that contribute to hip health.
Regain your hip mobility and comfort. Schedule a consultation with Wynyard Chiropractic and take proactive steps toward relieving hip pain and achieving optimal well-being.
Call us on 02 9235 2464 for more!
Souza, T. A. (2016). Differential diagnosis and management for the chiropractor: Protocols and algorithms. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.