I’m sure you’re wondering…what is avocado doing in a truffle right? Well let me set the record straight, they do belong in truffles!!!!! These Chocolate Avocado Truffles might even change your life 😉
If you are a chocolate addict like I am, then I think these will be right up your alley!
I am always on the hunt for an evening treat that I won’t feel bad about eating after the fact. These gorgeous little truffles only require 5 ingredients, and you will usually already have them in the house. Okay, okay, enough with the chit chat… recipe below!
Chocolate Avocado Truffles!
- 200g of 70% dark organic chocolate
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla extract and pinch of salt in a small glass bowl over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth (or you can do this in a microwave in 30 second blasts until it is just melted to avoid burning the chocolate).
- Smash the avocado in a medium bowl until there are no lumps.
- Let the chocolate mix cool for a few minutes before adding it to the smashed avocado.
- Blend the chocolate and avocado mix together, this will look quite thick but that is perfect.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into a ball. This should make approximately 12 truffles.
- Add the cacao powder into a shallow bowl or plate and roll each truffle in the powder.
- Serve at room temperature and store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Don’t be afraid to add a little bit of flare to these! A teaspoon of cinnamon or maybe 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder? What is your favourite type of truffle? Maybe use some coconut flakes instead of cacao powder? Really, the world is your oyster!!! Be creative and get in the kitchen!