Chia seeds are packed with great nutrients such as Omega-3s, fibre and protein. This is an easy breakfast or even a healthy dessert alternative. They can be made at the start of the week in order to have a healthy breakfast ready to take on the road.
1/3 Cup Chia Seeds (Black or White)
1 Cup Coconut Milk (any kind of nut milk will work)
3/4 Tbsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Rice Malt Syrup (Honey or Maple Syrup can be used as well)
A handful of Fresh or Frozen Fruit
Flaked Coconut (optional)
Raw Almonds (optional)
1. Mix coconut milk and chia seeds together. Make sure to mix well so all the seeds are wet.
2. Add rice malt syrup and cinnamon and mix well.
3. Over the next 20 minutes stir every few minutes, adding more milk if needed (sometime it may seem a bit thick so you can add more milk to get the consistency you like)
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Serve cold with fruit, coconut, and almonds on top. You can add any toppings that you prefer.
Add raw cacao powder instead of cinnamon (add 1 1/2 Tbsp) for a chocolate chia pudding
Blend with a ripe banana in the blender and leave overnight
Add a heaped scoop of organic plain yogurt, toasted muesli, and a handful of berries