Why not swap out the regular Saturday morning pancakes with this healthier version. These are great as a post work out meal or for a lazy Saturday morning with the kids. Packed with protein, antioxidants, and potassium that helps your body refuel after a workout or long week at work.
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed (flaxseed)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250 g – 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries (frozen if fresh is not available)
- Mix together smashed bananas and eggs.
- Add almond meal, linseed, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold through blueberries.
- Let rest for 5 mintues.
- Heat a pan over low heat and add a little coconut oil.
- Spoon batter into circles on the pan and slightly flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Cook using very low heat and make sure to take your time to not rush.
- Flip over and finish cooking on the other side.
- Serve plain or with a drizzle of honey (maple syrup), extra fruit(optional) and natural yoghurt.
*you can substitute the almond meal with 4 tbls of vegan protein for an extra punch of protein.*
Recipe adapted from www.healthychef.com