Makes 1 loaf
115 gm butter, softened
115 gm brown sugar
3 medium ripe bananas
200 gm vanilla yoghurt
250 gm wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 11 cm x 21 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the yoghurt. Fold through egg mixture. Fold flour and mixed spice into mixture.
4. Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of the Raising Children Network.