If you have visited the clinic recently, you may have noticed some Spinal Health Week posters and videos around.
Spinal Health Week is an initiative run by the Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA), to help educate Australians about the importance of spinal health, and the impact it can make on their lives.
This year the theme was “Ready for Life”, which encouraged people to think about how they can prepare their spines for the future.
Good posture is all about healthy movement, by both your spine and your body.
According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 56% of all Australians are not sufficiently physically active! This can have a negative impact on your spine.
In Australia, 3.7 million people reported back problems in 2015 alone! Due to this, Australian chiropractors manage an estimated 21.3 million patient visits per year.
What steps do you take to look after your spine?
It is easy to start making small changes in your life, which will make a big difference for your future! Here are some simple tips to implement into your day.
- Take breaks from your desk every 30-60 minutes – you could also set reminders to move with the ACA “Straighten Up” app.
- Need to make a phone call? Why not walk around the office while you are on the phone.
- Hold your mobile phone up in front of your face rather than straining your neck by looking down at it in your lap.
- Take regular walks! Why not spend your lunch break out in the sun? You can track this with the ACA’s “Just Start Walking” app!
- Have your spine checked regularly by a chiropractor!!!
The Wynyard Chiro team loved being involved in Spinal Health Week! Head to our gallery to see some photos from the week.
For more help on how you can improve your posture and spine, please give us a call on 02 9235 2464 or come and visit us in the clinic! We would love to help!!